Installation from JetBrains Marketplace:
- Install a JetBrains IDE, such as IntelIiJ IDEA Community or Ultimate edition
- Select IntelliJ → Settings → Plugins → Marketplace
- Search for CodeMR and click Install.
- Select the project you would like to analyze and then from top menu select ‘CodeMR → Extract Model’. CodeMR model editor will be displayed once the analysis process is completed and quality report page will be shown in your browser
Manual Installation :
- Download CodeMR IntelliJ plugin
- Install the plugin from IntelliJ plugin menu by selecting the zip file
- Restart IntelliJ
Installation from Eclipse Marketplace:
- Drag CodeMR Install button to your running Eclipse* workspace
- Install new software menu is automatically opened
- Follow the eclipse instruction (for C++ make sure you also select ‘CodeMR C++ Extension’ and Eclipse CDT is installed)
*Requires Eclipse Marketplace Client
Manual Installation :
- Select Eclipse Help Menu→Install New Software→Add
Name: CodeMR site
- Select CodeMR Analyzer→Next
- Follow the Eclipse instruction (for C++ make sure you also select ‘CodeMR C++ Extension’ and Eclipse CDT is installed)
- Restart Eclipse
- Use CodeMR Community edition or download trial license from CodeMR website and install License for CodeMR Enterprise.
- Please select License from the top CodeMR menu,
- Click Change License -> double click to select license file
- Once you select the trial license file, click the Activate button to activate your license.a
Community vs Enterprise
CodeMR is a multi-language software quality and static code analysis tool that helps software companies developing better code, better quality products.
CodeMR visualizes code metrics and high level quality attributes (Coupling, Complexity, Size) in different views, such as Package Structure, TreeMap, Sunburst, Dependency and Graph Views.
The graph visualization technique applied in CodeMR is simple yet intuitive. CodeMR has different filtering options and supports custom queries. It visualizes high-level Object Oriented quality attributes and low level metrics. Quality attributes are derived from the combinations of several metrics. You can also create different HTML reports for the project and export many object-oriented metrics for packages, classes, and methods.
With Community Edition you can extract up to 50 source files and 60 classes. For analyzing more files, you can download a trial license or buy a license from CodeMR website for Enterprise Edition. You can compare these editions.